Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Californ I. A.

Right after we got home from North Carolina, we did some laundry, packed a few suitcases, threw them in the Yukon and headed out to my old home to visit my sister Kelly and her cute family.  It was so fun to see them all and to catch up.  Her kids are all so big now!  I can hardly believe it.  They were just little ones when I left on my mission!  Now Mike is going into the army and Dallas is graduating from high school!  It's creeping me out!  We mainly hung out at her house, had a few BBQ's and of course went to In-N-Out.  The kids played at the park next door and Mark and Tom blew some things up in the back yard (don't ask...).  We went swimming and made the trek out to LA so the kids could see the Hollywood sign and experience the Griffith Observatory.  Thanks for letting us drop in you, Kelly!  We had a great time!  Love you guys!


Griffith Observatory
You can barely make it out through the smog, but that's the Hollywood sign over our shoulders to the left. Lol!
Mark and I with our boys, Jackson, Caden and Jace

Me, Dallas, Jackson, K.C. Kristie, Jace and Kelly

I kinda adore this man!

Caden and Kristie.  I LOVE this picture!

All the Cousins!  Jace Gertge, K.C. Norton, Dallas Norton, Jackson Gertge, Mike Norton, Caden Gertge and Kristie Norton

Kelly and her kids...not so little anymore!  Kelly, K.C., Dallas, Mike and Kristie

My nephew Mike introduced my children to the wonderful world of Beyblades.  He earned major cool points from my kids.  They played the whole time we were there, and Kelly and Mike sent my boys home with their very own, plus one to take to Gage (Kim's little boy).

Uh, yeah...this is Tom and "...when you are a man, sometimes you wear stretchy pants in your room. It's for fun."

Now here we see a perfect example of an accident waiting to happen.  Jackson wanted to drive Kristie's chair and Caden and Jace thought it would be fun to strap on to the back and go for a ride!  Notice the knot on Jace's forehead in the next pictures.  I'll let you figure out what happened next....

At the park next to Kelly's house.


No comments:

Post a Comment