Wednesday, August 25, 2010

School's In!

It's the same story. I love being back on a regular schedule, but I miss the ease and spontaneity of summer. For the last month I've actually had to pull out my calendar and USE it because things were already getting crazy busy and school hadn't even started yet.

The boys started back to school on Monday and we are all adjusting to going to bed early and getting up early.  With Caden starting Jr. High school, I think I was just about as nervous as him!  It was just fear of the unkown, but he is loving it and he's doing great.  We went to great lenghts to make sure he would be organized, and STAY organized.  So far he's doing well and he really likes all his classes.  His favorite class so far is his Pre-Algebra class.  Go figure!  Granted, it's only the fist week, but this is great news!  Here's hoping that it continues to be his favorite class!

Jace is a big 3rd grader this year and he has moved from the K-2 building to the 3-6 building.  He likes his teacher and enjoys school.  He wasn't as excited Caden or Jack, but he was pretty happy about moving over to the big kid school.

Jackson is in 1st grade, which means he goes all day long.  He was so funny the last week of summer.  He literally did the count down.  "Ah, I have to wait 7 more days until I am in first grade!"  He'd ask me the day and then do the math, "Okay, mom , 3 more days and I get to have 3 recesses!"  On Sunday night he said, "Finally, tomorrow I can eat lunch at school!  And I get to stay there all day like my brothers!"  He was so dramatic about it all!  He's a funny kid.

I walked Jace and Jackson to their classes and Jace couldn't get rid of me fast enough.  Jackson was almost as bad.  At least he told me to have fun at home where Jace just walked away!  Ha ha!  I am glad that they enjoy school.  I would much rather them be involved and be happy to be there instead of being clingy and sad about me leaving them.

At the end of the school year last year, we finished reading The Book of Mormon as a family.  We had gotten up before school to read almost every morning.  It took us two years, and we finally finished it the week of Jace's 8th birthday.  The kids were so excited, especially Jace who was able to have the entire thing read before he was baptized.  We didn't read this summer because summer is always so busy, but we are back to a schedule, and we have started reading The Book of Mormon all over again.  I'm hoping this year we won't have as many interruptions and we can read the entire thing in one school year.  It's been neat to talk to the kids and to hear that they can feel the difference from days that we read to days that we miss reading.  Especially Caden.  He says he can really tell.  I'm glad my children are gaining their own testimony of the importance of scripture reading. 

Here they are on their first day of school!



3 comments:

  1. Hi Kristie my name is Kristin I am Mitzi's daughter in law! She showed me your blog so that I could see the boys! I have never met them but they sure are cute! I just wanted to let you know who I am and ask if it was okay with you that I check out your blog sometime to see how you guys are doing? I am trying to help Mitzi with her blog she put up a few pictures of the boys you should check it out some time! I hope the boys have a good school year!
    :Krisitn & Jess Pearce:

    ReplyDelete
  2. You bet! I remember Jess and the boys remember him from thier visits. You married into a good family, I love Mitzi! Next time we're up visiting we'll have to let you know so the boys can meet you and maybe see Jess again. I'd love to see Mitzi's blog. Will you tell me her website? Thanks!
    Kristie

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is russandmitzi.blogspot.com! Mitzi is great and she loves to tell me about the boys! I would love to meet them!

    ReplyDelete